So…here’s how to make small-batch cherry-coconut cream tarts for two.
Or, um, one.
I’M SORRY NOBODY ELSE WAS HOME AND I COULDN’T HELP IT.
These little guys are so easy to make, and you really just need five ingredients.
Essentially, you could go with four.
For this amazing little tart! Plus, they’re no-bake.
Are you excited yet? I’m excited.
Essentially, you could pair any fruit with the coconut in these tarts. I chose cherries because I think the flavor pairs well, and maybe because I have 5 kilos of cherries at home right now…
^It took me 3 minutes to finish the first tart. I kid you not. I checked the time stamps on my photos.
Notes: Feel free to use any fruit you want, and to add more/less sweetener to taste. Also, if you don’t have almonds on hand, you could use pecans or walnuts. Lastly, for the coconut milk/cream thing, if you don’t have coconut cream, simply refrigerate a can of full-fat coconut milk overnight and scoop out the thick, white part that separates from the watery part. Use the thick, white part as coconut cream.
Cherry-Coconut Cream Tarts For Two
Makes 2 small tarts
- 10 medjool dates, pitted (approx. 1/3 cup or 75 grams, unpitted)
- 1/4 cup (50g) almonds
- 1 can coconut cream (approx. 300ml), or 1 can coconut milk (approx. 500ml, see notes)
- 5 cherries, pitted and roughly chopped (plus more for topping)
- 1 tbsp honey or 1 tsp powdered stevia (more/less, to taste)
- Process the dates and almonds in a food processor until they are thoroughly mixed and there are no large chunks
- Line two small cupcake/tart tins with parchment paper
- Divide the date/almond mixture and press into the the cupcake/tart tin to act as a base
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whip the coconut cream with the honey/stevia using a hand or stand mixer for about 3 minutes
- Add in the chopped cherries and whip for another minute
- Spoon the coconut mixture into the tarts and garnish with cherries and grated chocolate
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes (optional. If your coconut filling is thick, then skip this step)