It’s blueberry season (I think)! Have some blueberry bread~
I’m still in utter disbelief that school starts in half a month. It’s honestly so depressing to think about all that work ahead of me that I’ve been procrastinating – college apps, extended essay, IAs…
GAH ok I won’t think about that now. For now, I’m gonna focus on telling you about this blueberry bread, aight? Blueberry bread. Blueberry bread.
This blueberry bread is everything you’d want in a loaf cake. It has just the right texture and flavor, not to mention that its full of delicious blueberries! Each slice is guaranteed a generous amount of blueberries.
I’ve never really cared much about flouring blueberries before mixing them into the batter. It prevents the blueberries from bleeding, but look the gorgeous patterns they make when they bleed! It’s so pretty! Food is art, I tell you.
Recipe adapted from Something Swanky
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 175ºC or 350ºF
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, vanilla, salt, and baking powder
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, milk, and oil
- Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet until almost combined, with a few streaks of flour remaining
- Fold in the blueberries
- Transfer the mixture into a lined or greased 5×12 loaf pan and bake for 55-60 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool before slicing.