I’ve been making cookies a lot these days, and I’ll admit that I’ve been eating a lot of the raw cookie dough as well (*gasp* salmonella!), but hey – I’m not sick yet!
Anyways, you can stop making excuses for eating the raw cookie dough (“I’m making sure the cookies will taste good…”). Instead – you may as well just make an entire batch of safe-to-eat cookie dough. Wait, no…sorry, I meant an entire batch of safe-to-eat healthy cookie dough!
I swear, this healthy cookie dough is healthier than any baked-cookie dough you’ve ever had, but it tastes just as good. It has the same sweetness and flavor and texture and it’s studded with plenty of chocolate chips. Except, with this one, you don’t need to worry about raw eggs or raw flour or any other bad stuff.
All you need is to grab 3 ingredients, throw them all into a food processor, throw on some chocolate chips, grab a spoon, and dig in!
4-Ingredient Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 1 (400g) can white beans or garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, crunchy or smooth
- 2 tbsp honey (can sub with any liquid sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- In a food processor, process the beans, peanut butter, honey, and vanilla extract until fully combined and smooth
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Eat! Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.