IT’S BEEN TOO LONG SINCE I’VE POSTED ICE CREAM!
I’ve started keeping ice cream in my freezer for a few months now, even though it only recently started warming up. Nevertheless, I figured most people wouldn’t be appealed to an ice cream recipe until it was ice cream weather. Two months ago, I got all prepared to write this post, when I checked Snapchat and opened a snap from my dear friend in the US and found out – it’s snowing?? Then, a month later, I checked my Snapchat again and SORTED Food’s story claimed that it was snowing in the UK….But now, I think it’s safe to say that it’s ice cream weather.
I’ve been currently obsessed with ice cream. Every time my friend and I stay after school to study, we always go to the grocery store and get ice creams first. It’s a bad habit that I don’t plan on breaking anytime soon.
The ice cream recipe I’m sharing today is an easy one. It’s the kind that takes 4 ingredients and 5 minutes to put together. Yup, you heard me right. 4 ingredients. 5 minutes. (FYI – 5 minutes to throw together. That doesn’t include chilling time, but still, that’s pretty awesome.)
And you don’t even need an ice cream machine!
No-Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 14oz sweetened condensed milk
- ½-1 teaspoons peppermint extract, to taste
- 4-5 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or in a regular mixing bowl using an electric hand mixer, whip the cream on high speed until stiff peaks form
- Gently whip in the condensed milk, peppermint extract, and food coloring, until fully combined
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Pour into a container and cover with plastic film/aluminum foil. Freeze for at least 6 hours
- Allow to thaw for 10 minutes before serving