BREAKING NEWS, YOU GUYS!
I wrote a cookbook.
What? I know, I barely did any pre-publishing advertising, but anyways, you can download it for free here!
I shouldn’t be blogging right now. I should be doing homework because I just got back home late from my MYP Celebration. I’m sorta done with the MYP (bring it on, IB), which means that I’ve done the Personal Project.
Anyways there’s this thing called the Personal Project, where students must identify something that they’re passionate about, and they’ll plan, research, and then create a product in the area. Obviously, I did mine on clean eating and baking. Therefore, I created a cookbook consisting of healthy chocolate-based recipes, as well as information on what it means to be “healthy”. Maybe you already know about how I began this journey if you’ve read my About Me page, but I’ve always loved to bake, and I’ve got to dedicate a lot of it to SORTED Food. However, most baked goods are full of sugar and butter and whatnot, which sucked, until I discovered that it’s possible to eat clean and bake delicious goods at the same time. That’s what inspired me to make my cookbook. Healthy chocolate? Could it be? Absolutely.
I have acknowledgements at the end of my cookbook, but I’d like to give a special shoutout to my InstaFriends who I “interviewed” about why they ate the way they did. Ning, Chelsea, Hillary, Marie, and Sarah, I love you guys and thanks so much for your help x ❤
Sorry for all the writing, I’m just really excited about this. Here’s a preview to my cookbook. I decided to share the recipe that’s on the cover of my cookbook. It’s a chocolate lava cake! Healthified? No way! (Yes way!) It’s made with black beans, which are preettyy healthy. There is dark chocolate required in the recipe, but the sugars don’t have such a negative effect on the human body (read about it in my cookbook).
I was so delighted to discover that I got that gooey, melty, chocolate center surrounded by such a soft, flavorful cake. I promise that you can’t taste the black beans.
Once again, please please please go download my cookbook. It’s free for all and I’d really appreciate if you guys could just go look through it and maybe it could inspire you guys. I love you all x
Black Bean Chocolate Lava Cake
Makes 4 lava cakes
- 1 15oz can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup almond meal, or ground almonds
- 1 tbsp dry stevia
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 25g dark chocolate, broken into 4 pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a food processor, process the black beans until very smooth
- Add in the honey, applesauce, apple cider vinegar, egg, vanilla extract, and sea salt, and pulse to combine
- Transfer the mixture into a medium bowl
- Fold in the cacao powder, almond meal, stevia, and baking powder
- Grease 4 ramekins or lava cake moulds
- Place a few tablespoons of the mixture into each ramekin/mould, and place one piece of chocolate in the center of each one. You should use about half the mixture for this step
- Use the remaining mixture to fill the ramekins/moulds and shake gently so that the mixture spreads out evenly
- Bake for 25 minutes, and allow them to cool for 10 minutes before removing them from the ramekins/moulds
- Serve warm