My past four recipes have been clean. What? It’s time to bring out the devil. The devil in a cake-form, obviously.
Did I mention that there’s really just 5 ingredients? Excluding salt and vanilla, which don’t count. Even with salt and vanilla, this yummy thing only needs 7 ingredients and minimal effort.
I want to talk about bundt pans. See, here’s the thing. You get a bundt pan with a beautiful design, and you bake a cake in it, planning to turn the cake upside-down after it’s finished baking so that the top has this gorgeous cake tin design on it. That was my plan, but when I pulled the cake out of the oven, I was awed at the beautiful, golden, cracked top that it had formed while the cake puffed up. I flipped it over to see how it looked like if it were upside down, and it just looked boring and…bad. So, I just left it the way it was. Am I doing something wrong?
And then you’ve got that issue of trying to get a slice of cake to stand up straight. I’m happy to say that I was successful at first, but then it fell over and I couldn’t get the stupid piece of cake to stand up straight, so I just took a few photos of it, and ate it (this kinda sums up how I deal with all my food-related problems).
Gah. So moist and buttery ❤
I would recommend having this cake with tea or coffee, and to serve it while it’s slightly warm. Keep leftovers covered in plastic so that it doesn’t dry out.
Cream Cheese Pound Cake
Makes 1 large cake
- 1 1/2 cups butter, room temperature
- 8oz (1 package) cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees Celsius, or 325 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together the butter, cream cheese, and sugar
- Beat in the eggs one at a time until fully incorporated
- Gently mix in the flour, salt, and vanilla extract until just combined. Do not over mix
- Pour the mixture into a greased pan (I used a bundt pan)
- Bake for about 90 minutes, until a toothpick/skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean